United Way of the Ouachitas is accepting grant applications for the 2024/2025 grant process.
To be eligible for allocation consideration from the United Way of the Ouachitas Investment Grant, your agency must meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Provide a human service to residents of Clark, Garland, Hot Spring, Montgomery, Pike, Polk, and/or Saline counties;
- The organization must be recognized by the International Revenue Service (IRS) as a tax-exempt organization under 26 U.S. Code 501(c)3 and to which contributions are tax deductible pursuant to 26 U.S.C. 170(c)(2) and the organization is classified as a public charity under U.S.C. 509(a). A copy of the most recent IRS Determination Letter will be required
- File IRS form 990, or pro forma IRS for 990 and show copy of such filing for a period ending no more than 18 months prior to January 2024.
- Have a Certified Public Accountant conduct an audit every other year. Such audits must be completed in a timely manner and one original must accompany the agency's program funding application each year. The audit must include a management letter and if need be, an action plan for rectifying any deficiencies noted in the management letter.
- Have an active local Board of Directors or Advisory Board.
- Have a policy of non-discrimination (board, staff, volunteers and clients);
- Procure and maintain valid and adequate policies of insurance regarding fire, loss, casualty, indemnity, and general and professional liability if applicable;
- Have written policies on board membership and governance in by-laws;
- Have at least one part time or full time paid employee;
- List of Board of Directors meeting dates during the past 12 months when a quorum was present and the month that you elect new board members;
(If your agency does not meet the above referenced criteria, your application will not be reviewed by United Way of the Ouachitas (UWO) All documents must be submitted to entirety and at the time of application to be considered)
All applicants are required to have or create an account to complete and submit your application. Keep your user name and password handy so that you can "save a draft" and return to complete your submission. Also this user name and password will continue to be used for agency reporting and future applications.
- LOGIN HERE (If you already have a user name and password)
- CREATE AN ACCOUNT (New users only - an email will be sent to you)
- RESET YOUR PASSWORD (if your email has been used previously, you can reset your password)
- LOGOUT (Be sure to log out once you have saved your draft or submitted your application)
Incomplete applications will not be accepted. Do not leave any blanks; enter N/A if not applicable.