Our Vision Statement
United Way of the Ouachitas envisions a community where all individuals and families achieve their full potential through education, financial stability and health and safety. A community where the issue of childhood hunger and poverty ends through financial empowerment and education and the quality of life improves for all its citizens.
Our Mission Statement
United Way of the Ouachitas will unite people and resources to build a stronger community and create lasting positive change. As the community collaborator, we will facilitate initiatives to eradicate childhood hunger and will do this through EDUCATION, EXPANSION, ENGAGEMENT, EMPOWERMENT and EXECUTION.
General Diversity Statement
United Way of the Ouachitas seeks to engage the entire community in our work without regard to race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, gender, gender identity and expression, disability, sexual disorientation, veteran-status, familial status or socio-economic status. That commitment will be reflected in all aspects of United Way's work - service delivery, staffing or volunteer participation.
INTEGRITY: We maintain the highest standards of professional and ethical behavior, value transparency and honest communications, relationships and actions.
ACCOUNTABILITY: We hold ourselves accountable for the quality and lasting results of our work and for the commitments we make to our participants, partners, donors and each other.
RESPECT: We value and celebrate the unique and diverse talents, experiences, and perspectives of everyone, and treat our participants, donors and each other with sensitivity and respect.
CREATIVITY: We go beyond conventional ideas and approaches so new possibilities and innovation flourish to ensure real and lasting positive change.
COMPASSION: We believe regardless of an individual's challenges, circumstances or background, every community member is worthy of empathy and respect.
EDUCATE: We will educate the community on the issue of childhood hunger and how the United Way of the Ouachitas is coordinating resources within the community.
- Develop a comprehensive education plan to increase the knowledge of the issue of childhood hunger to the community.
- Develop a public relations campaign with intent to employ an individual to develop a marketing campaign/program.
- Increase awareness of United Way of the Ouachitas outside of the Hot Springs/Garland County in the Ouachita region.
EXPAND: We will expand our outreach to community partners to coordinate efforts in addressing issues of childhood hunger.
- Identify tools to assist community partners in providing services.
- Advocate on behalf of community partners with local, state and federal officials to help us achieve our strategic goal of eradicating childhood hunger.
ENGAGE: We will engage donors and volunteers to assist United Way of the Ouachitas in achieving its mission and core purpose of eradicating childhood hunger.
- Create and implement a public relations campaign to increase funding opportunities.
- Enhance donor interaction and provide meaningful opportunities for donors to give, advocate and volunteer.
- Continue the commitment to diversity and inclusion among staff and volunteers.
EMPOWER: We will empower individuals through financial education for a sustainable future for them and their families. With 100% of total United Way dollars raised staying local, we will be a community leader in increasing financial literacy and stability.
- Develop strategic partnerships, including additional tools and resources and financial literacy programming to expand Financial Empoerment Center and VITA Program.
- Focus funding of programs at rate of 50% in 2020, increasing to 75% by 2023 to those that address the issue of childhood hunger.
EXECUTION: We will execute the above stated program objectives by increasing funding to United Way of the Ouachitas by 10%, or $400,000 by 2023.
- Increase opportunities for private donors to give through formal planned legacy giving to the UWO Endowment Fund to fund operational expenses.
- Increase non-campaign revenue by 10% by 2023.
- Increase employee and corporate giving and engagement opportunities through intentional interaction.
United Way of the Ouachitas Service Area
Our United Way Worldwide zip codes include Garland, Montgomery, Polk, parts of Clark, Hot Springs, Pike, and Saline counties. Our Partner Agencies delivery areas includes all of these counties as well.